VERTICAL FARMING WITH VERA®
Superior performance. Complete control and integration. We believe that Vera is the most advanced vertical farming platform in the world.
Grow anywhere, anytime. Go super-fresh and hyper-local. Start with an instore farm or scale up to a large industrial system. Superior performance and complete control over the process ensures the best quality for your crop and the best yield for your business.
Complete integration from dynamic spacing system, LED lighting, HVAC & heat recovery, and nutrition system to automation software, project management and horticulture intelligence. No compromises. Everything included except the bugs. That's what we call a complete Vera delivery.
Save energy and water with precision automation designed and engineered in Finland. We only make promises we can keep.
- Vera Instore solutions are innovative growing systems designed specifically for in-store sales. They include Vera Growing Cabinets and Vera Instore Farms.
- Vera Instore Growing Cabinets allow you to grow leafy greens and herbs within the store that customers can pick directly off the shelf. Find out more about how the Vera Instore Growing Cabinet could work for you ›
- A mid-sized Vera Instore Farm allows you to harvest up to 300 plants each day of the year for direct sales to consumers or for supplying restaurants, cafés, etc.
- Vera Instore solutions allow you to grow the most ecological vegetables available under your own brand.
- This is the best quality and freshness you can get. No more withered leaves caused by long delivery distances - the plants are picked where they are grown!
- The Vera Compact has been developed specifically for efficient Urban Farming production. It works as a proof of concept when planning a bigger investment.
- With the Vera Compact system you can produce 70 000 head of lettuce per year. If you include the plant rack, that number goes up to 100 000 per year.
- The Compact system is extremely space efficient measuring just 8m x 6m.
- The Vera Compact system is a complete package that includes all the hardware and automation necessary to get your vertical farm up and running.
- For more information on use cases of our Compact system, check out our references from Vertigo Farms, Poland; Eider VF, England; and Rambridge Wholesale, Canada.
- The Vera Industrial system has been designed specifically for large industrial farms in order to utilize high-volume benefits in design and cost efficiency.
- Vera Industrial has an integrated modular design which allows you to easily scale up your farm as your operations grow.
- The Industrial system has a very high level of process automation which minimizes manual labour requirements.
- The system is extremely efficient with very low Opex and Capex per produced unit of leafy greens.
- The Industrial system is suitable for both pot plant and baby leaf type production.
Why Vera® – 8 reasons for the smartest choice
Optimized plant density along the crop cycle enables over 40% plants per growing area and up to 100x bigger yield than in horizontal cultivation.
Growth speed increases up to 30–40% with our unique patent-pending LED lighting distributed for plants from above and below.
Absolute control over air humidity heat energy circulation and cooling leads up to 60% energy savings.
Water, nutritions and CO2 are fed constantly and precisely to the plants. Saved water: up to 95% vs traditional systems.
Our systems are designed for the best performance for the investment. Estimated OPEX+CAPEX savings 30–50% vs competition.
Seamlessly integrated and automated IoT-based system needs little maintenance. You save time and worries. We support you with 100% care.
Vera improves the look and taste of salads, allowing them to grow until harvesting time at the same speed. Compatible with organic, non-organic and pesticide-free production. Full traceability.
Closed cultivation process doesn’t pollute soil or waters. You can cut climate emissions to zero with 100% renewable energy.
Seamlessly integrated and automated vertical technology by Vera®
DYNAMIC SPACING SYSTEM
In Vera®, there are over 40% more plants in the growing area and even 8 times more in the floor area than in similar open field or traditional greenhouse cultivation. In Vera® we use FIFO, ie. first in, first out flow through growing. In Vera® the crop density is optimized and changed along the crop cycle.
Vera® has a unique, patent pending LED lighting system, which produces optimal light for plants from above and below. The amount and distribution of light is always designed according to the needs of specific plants.
Vera® can be combined to heat recovery systems. Integrated lighting, LED cooling and recovered heat together form a highly energy efficient system. Automation steers the climate and keeps the growing environment always optimal. Special optical design enables an even distribution of light to the plants. Vera® makes the controlling of microclimate easy.
Vera® has a servo operated gutter movement system, which is already commonly used in traditonal greenhouses. The structure is made of high strength aluminium body, and the design is flexible and modular. The system can be built with easy instructions and factory assembled construction modules. Long lasting materials ensure longer lifecycle.
The modern processing of Vera® includes, for example, seeding, transplanting and harvesting of the plants.
The irrigation system includes all water and fertilizer handling equipment as well as fully automated steering. In Vera® we use NFT, ie. Nutrient Film Technique as a growing system. This technique is a developed version of the traditional hydroponic cultivation. Modular design enables diversity of plants in the same growing facility and also plant specific recipes. Nutrients and CO2 are fed constantly to the system, but not led back into the nature.
The automation of Vera® serves as the core of managing the whole vertical farming system. The system is reliable and firewall protected. All detective sensors feed the information of the operation, and automation manages the functions between the pre-set values. The smart IoT-based automation system has a very intuitive user interface (Vera® OS) with an easy-to-use touch screen. The system collects data, which can be analyzed and used to create your own growing recipes.
VIRTUAL POWER PLANT
The fully digital, adjustable lighting system allows the electric company to reserve the LED luminaire power and stabilize the grid. This is also an asset to the electricity companies, who are often willing to pay for this feature. Stabilization can be compensated by dimming the light to reduce the load and increasing the light during lighting hours.
Please contact us